Howdy, howdy! This is #3 in my Blog for Profit series! If you want to start from the beginning, please go back by clicking on one of the links below:
If you have been using Pinterest for a while now, you know what an incredible tool it can be to promote yourself, your brand and your blog.
In order for Pinterest to be successful for you, I recommend pinning your own pins to group boards, and other people’s pins all over the place…up to 50 pins per day.
For the love of God, woman, how the heck am I supposed to do all the things you want me to do AND be on Pinterest 24/7?
Well now, do I have a solution for YOU my friend!!!!
There are programs that you can use to schedule pins, based on when your audience is most active throughout the day.
Yes, you read that correctly.
When I first heard of Tailwind I was completely blown away. The very best part – they give you 100 pins to schedule for free!!!! (Just use my link above, and you will get 100 pins for free!!!!).
At first glance, Tailwind is a scary looking beast, I must admit. I fiddled around with it for days before scheduling a single pin. This was for two reasons:
- I had no idea what I was doing.
- I felt that it was some sort of frightening program and I was a lazy beast for using it.
At times, I still feel like I have no idea what I am doing, but I am willing to admit it is an amazing program, amazing idea, and I just need practice to use the darn thing. With that in mind, I encourage you to use it. Here’s how:
Using Tailwind like a semi-professional person who seems perfectly normal…
but in fact, cowers in fear when opening the Tailwind webpage
- Once you have your brand spanking new account,you should be able to hover over random Pinterest images (use this as an example) and see this little blue, feathery icon. That is your new best friend, the Tailwind scheduler
- Click on SCHEDULE
(Example # 1 – Behold, the little blue feathery thinger)
3. Now, choose a board to save it to (or choose MULTIPLE BOARDS!!!!) below the pin, and either SCHEDULE NOW or SAVE FOR LATER on the right hand side of the screen. BOOM! You rock!
4. If you click on SAVE FOR LATER, it will keep the pin under your DASHBOARD/ DRAFTS – you can then go in and again, choose the board and click on SCHEDULE.
The very big thing to remember with Tailwind is that you are essentially doing the same 3 steps over and over again:
- Picking a pin
- Picking a board
- Picking a time (now or later).
I won’t go any further today, but I highly recommend starting out with your 100 free pins and gettin’ goin’ here!
Tailwind is an ingenious program, and will provide many insights into your audience and what is engaging them….
But first, start with the basics. Pick a pin, pick a board, pick a time. Once you get there, you’ll rock it!
Stick with me as we get to Topic # 4!